Monday, January 21, 2013

New Orleans Getting Married Abroad Information

New Orleans Getting Married Abroad Information: for European visitors to Louisiana

  Visitors to New Orleans can get married while there. Most countries recognize marriages taken place in a foreign land as long as the parties meet the marriage laws of their home land.  If you have a specific question about your country you should contact your local marriage office for details from them. Information and sample forms are found here  Generally, in Louisiana you will need your passport or birth certificates which must be in English. If either of you has been married before, bring the divorce decree in the case of divorce or a certified copy of the death certificate if widowed to prove your prior marriage has ended.  There is no residency requirement nor for need blood tests in New Orleans.  The three day waiting period can be waived for visitors getting married in New Orleans.  Many foreign visitors have been married in New Orleans with little problems as long as the parties have the necessary documents to present in person to the Marriage License Office. While planning a wedding abroad may be more complicated than a hometown affair, keep in mind it may be less expensive and  it's a great way to get a jump on your honeymoon.  Contact the US Embassy or consulate of  your Home Country to learn more details of marriage requirements  in the USA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment