Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Changing Name After Wedding

  Most American brides change the last name after marriage. It requires some effort. Here are a few tips, and there are web pages that offer help. A certified copy must be provided to certain agencies, so it takes time. A certified copy of your marriage certificate comes from the office where you obtained your marriage license. The state will mail you a copy for a fee when you requested one.

Changing Your Name After A Wedding
  It is a tradition in western cultures that a bride takes the last name of the husband, it is not a requirement to do so. You need to order several certified copies of your marriage certificate from the office you received your license. Usually this is done when you apply for your marriage license by prepaying for certified copies to be mailed to you.
1. A new drivers license should be obtained by going to your local motor vehicle office with a certified copy of the marriage certificate. That office will help you get a new license with the marriage name. They may charge a fee so you should call before going to get particulars. You may also need to change your auto title and auto insurance.
2. A new Social Security Card should be obtained by getting the necessary forms off the web at:  http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/315  You can mail the form in or go in person to your local office but you need a certified copy of your marriage license to present to them. You can telephone them for details.
3. A new Passport can be obtained by going in person to a local office or following the directions on the State Department page at http://travel.state.gov/passport/correcting/ChangeName/ChangeName_851.html
4. You will also need to change your name with banks, credit card companies, landlords, and any other agency that has your name on record. Generally by getting the first 3 done the rest are easier as some agencies will accept the new drivers license as proof of you new name.
5. Be sure the IRS, Voter Registration, your insurance agent, and CPA also knows of the name change so that they make the necessary charges to their records too.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Free Wedding Offer

 A TV Show producer asked I help find a groom willing to do a wedding show where he plans the wedding without bride. I need to hear from groom by July 4,2012 and send her his details for the selection process, e-mail me  jerryschwehm@yahoo.com for more. It is a free wedding if groom follows the story line as a surprise wedding. She does need to agree to be married but the wedding day, date, place, etc is totally in grooms hands. Limited time so act fast to go through selection process.